NYC!
Back from the big apple and lots of fun memories ;)I am so thankful that I got the chance to go up to NY and visit Jeremy while he was there. It will be a time that we both remember for a long time!
We did about everything a tourist can do in 2 days. By the end of it, both of our feet had blisters and our legs felt like we ran a marathon!
The first night..We had a great recommendation from a friend of mine at work to go eat at an italian food restaurant in Soho called "Bar Pitti" and she said we might even have a star sighting! haha...but even though that didn't happen...the food was INcredible! And we just had fun being in the open air, outdoor dining! After that, we underestimated how long it would take us to walk to Times Square....
50 BLOCKS later we made it to Times Square ;) We were wayy tuckered out by this point...but it was worth it! Jeremy had never seen Times Square before...and even me seeing for only the 2nd time...its just overwhelming!
Jeremy was so proud of this pic with the NYPD car in the middle!
After seeing all brights and lights we found the nearest subway and headed back to our GHETTO hotel...
When I booked this hotel....it was cheap...but i didn't know I'd be afraid to take my shoes off or touch the sheets.. But we made it out alive for the next day and didn't contract any diseases! ;)
We hopped on yet another subway the next morning...got a little turned around and had to ask the locals where the Yankee's stadium was...but ended up just following all the people in blue and white jerseys... and found the stadium!
Our Subway pic .... look above our heads... totally didn't see the sign until AFTER the pic was taken... apparently we were in seats for "persons with disabilities" hahaha oops ;)
The sights from the subway!
Our view from the seats!
Everyone kept saying I HAD to try a hot dog from the stadium..... Jeremy got two so I could have a very SMALL bite.... i just can't do hotdogs, but the hamburger was delicious!
After the Yankee's won !! we made our way to Central Park, it was so pretty.
Jeremy was such a great taxi-hailer haha. The very first of only 2 taxi's we took, we decided to go to Ground Zero. But we wanted to see everything from above ground instead of from the subway....so we hailed a cab...to ground zero....look at who our taxi driver was...
God works in amazing ways!
We walked down to the Brooklyn bridge after seeing Ground Zero... yet again, we underestimated that walk...But again, So worth it!! How pretty and HUGE it was!
Around the corner was the Statue of Liberty herself! We found some benches and watched the fishermen for a while by here! Jeremy loved it.
Brooklyn Bridge on the right and Manhattan Bridge on the left!
We ate dinner at Lombardi's in Little Italy....the ORIGINAL pizza place! (They may all say that, but i totally believe it ;))
Last stop of the night was Rockefeller Center! We subwayed it there and when we walked out of the subway...we turned a corner and saw this hotel...
This is a hotel that Looney and Associates is currently renovating! I've helped with several things at this hotel and I had NO idea it was right in the center of all the hustle and bustle!!
I walked all around inside and took pictures of everything...Jeremy thought it was hilarious.. I LOVED IT!
This trip was incredible and a great break for Jeremy's training and good to separate up the three weeks!
Today he had a test and roll play on his first drug that he will be selling. He made a 100 on the test and passed on to the next drug after the roll play! ;) Such a smarty pants!
My mom picked me up from the airport Sunday evening when I got back and she has been absolutely wonderful the past few days. While I had to go to work, she stayed home and WANTED to help pack up our apartment! I came home to all of my kitchen already packed. That saved me HOURS of bubble wrapping and she did it just out of love ;) Thanks mom for being so great ;)!
10 Days Till Jeremy gets to come home sweet home!
























Post a Comment
We love to hear from you!!