Oct 10, 2010

Exciting Weekend!

This weekend was a full and packed weekend with lots of friends faces ;)

Thursday I found out that my roommate from college was getting engaged the NEXT day!! Gena was about to be SO surprised!

Jeremy and I quickly rearranged our friday events and headed down to good ole waco for a surprise engagement party! I hadn't been back to Waco since graduation, and I have to say, it was kind of a weird feeling.
a) I felt like I should be going to school
b) everytime I drove back to waco from dallas, either Jeremy was going to have to leave, or I was....this time we got to go back together!
c) now my brother lives there!

We made it just in time and I got to see friends I haven't seen since our wedding and wasn't expecting to get to see until homecoming! It was a great homecoming early!

And then....da da daaaaa..... the happy couple Gena and Josh arrived! I think Gena cried for the first 30 minutes ;) she was so happy !!



This HAS to be the best picture ever and how funny that....just about 10 months ago...the same picture was taken !


Definitely will have to be our traditional pic...

It reminded us of this moment....
kinda fun to think about ;)

We picked up Kyle for a quick whataburger run and then headed back to McKinney. Fast trip...but SO much fun. I am thrilled for Gena and Josh and can't wait to see what God has in store for them! love you Genaaa!

Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to head to the fair grounds!! BU vs TECH! Honestly thought we had a chance at this one....BUT no..not this year. Maybe one year.


At least we got some good pics! Ready for the game!


We rode with our friends Justin and Holley...tech fans...but we are still friends ;) and had a blast too! (Dont worry though we sat on opposite sides;))


Got there early...


Found holley and justin on the other side...



And then Dad found the eye gear ... HA so of course I had to try it too!


We were ready for a good game!

Today was filled with lots of cleaning...and laundry....but good to relax and enjoy a day off!

I made a new crock-pot recipe tonight! Thanks to my friend Haley Blizzard!!

Black Bean Chicken
3 thawed chicken breasts
2 cans black beans
16 oz salsa
1 cup brown rice
Put chicken in a slow cooker on low heat. Add black beans, salsa, and brown rice. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours. Serve and top with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and other desired toppings. Enjoy!!


It turned out SO great....and really easy! good week-night recipe!!

After dinner I decided to try my hand at angel food cake!...I think it will taste really great...only one little problem...

it overflowed the baking dish... HAHA dont worry it got a big laugh out of both of us ...and I'm still letting it finish cooking hahaha




3 comments

  1. I love reading your blogs...it's as if I'm just listening to you talk! Theres many parts of this blog I love..seeing you this weekend of course and our roommate reunion, Genas engagement...remembering you and J's engagement.. AND your dad rockin some football gear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we are still friends even after the Tech v Baylor game :) It was lots of fun to hang out!

    And I can totally relate on the angel food cake mishap. As you know, I had my own cooking drama this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and I love you!! So fun to read your blog and see how life is going. It's the next best thing to seeing you in person! Can't wait for homecoming!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.