Nov 30, 2011

Thanksgiving!

This year we got to host Thanksgiving at our house for my family and part of Jeremy's family! We loved having everyone over and I thought it was fun to get to cook the turkey ;)!! At least it provided some laughs for sure haha
I started off with my pumpkin bread that I look forward to making every year....mmmm. Some call it a cake, but I call it bread so I can eat it for breakfast too;)
Then started the turkey! I "brined" it for several hours first using this kit from Market Street.And let it brine in the fridge. Our fridge was getting QUITE full by this point...
Wednesday night I started seasoning it and getting it ready to cook!
Jeremy was grossed out that I put my hands under the skin ;) But it got some good flavor underneath there!
Stuffed with apples, oranges, and onions... it was ready for the oven. I let it cook all night on really low.
The next morning it was ready to come out of the cooking bag!
Delicious!! The meat was so tender it was falling off the bone!
And then i carved it...poor bird!
Our really fancy card tables set up in the dining room ;)
And the final turkey platters! Everyone else brought all the sides and yummy food! It was a great Turkey Day!
I had been dying to get the Christmas decorations down but I waited till after Thanksgiving and then darted upstairs to get them;)
We had a helper this year in the tree!
Almost completed mantel. Still waiting for something to replace the pillow with ;) Its just a place holder for now.
Arrangement in the vase....


I had to share a funny story about this tree. I bought it today for $12.50. yes. Soak that in. They told me that they top half of the tree’s lights didn’t light up, so they would give it to me 75% off. I said sure, thinking I could easily string more lights in the top. I got it home only to realize that they just hadn’t plugged in the top half of the lights to the bottom half, and they worked GREAT when I connected them!! So, $12 tree for me, I’ll take it!
Garland and bows on the banisters...

Console Table
Jeremy says this flower arrangement looks "scary" haha and the dogs did bark at it, but i thought it looked good!

And finally...the TREE!! I went all silver and white this year for a change and i really love it!!

So now we get to ride out the end of the year (waiting for Jeremy's surgery in a few weeks) and getting ready for the holidays!
Don't tell Jeremy I posted this picture, but he MIGHT have been loving on the dogs a little this week ;) Yes...she is sound asleep.
And Sadie has found her new favorite place. Right in front of the fire. She won't leave it.!
Hope everyone has a great week!!

1 comment

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.