Apr 16, 2012

Master Bathroom Renovation Ideas

I can't believe all the readers that came over from CG yesterday!! THANK you guys and hope you stick around!!

Now that our Master bedroom is complete and I love it...I can easily see right into our NON-complete master bathroom and of course...(much to the husbands excitment ;)...I'm ready to get started making a few "changes" and additions!

Since we aren't interested in changing any tile/fittings/or lighting at the moment, I am met with the challenge to create a whole new bathroom, with what I've got!

So here are my initial ideas: I want to add a beadboard wainscotting around the room to give the bottom half of the room a lighter appearance as well as cleaner!

I'd like to take the beadboard about 4' up the wall around the whole room except at the vanity, where I think I want to take it almost all the way to the ceiling, leaving about 2 feet of painted wall above. If we made a ledge, it could be a neat place for art like this photo:

Our vanity right now is an off-white paint, and I liked this image where it shows a white beadboard with the off-white vanity..in case I decide not to take on that project of repainting a vanity at the moment...

Our walls right now are "whale grey" by Benjamin Moore, which I recently paint, and I LOVE that color. So i think we will definitely be sticking with that color for the wall paint.

And I ran across this beautiful image from a new reader brought over yesterday! This is from Hello Newman's blog - their master bathroom renovation. Gorgeous! and they took their beadboard behind their mirrors as well, which I love!

Another option would be to paint the beadboard a light grey color to make the white vanity pop...but i love the white so much.

Right now we have a builder's grade mirror -- yuck. I am planning to have it cut down into two smaller pieces and making a frame with a silver leaf finish (from a spray can at Lowes ;) to go around each one. Hopefully to look something like this!

Also, another idea I have been tossing around is to add a little "natural" touch to the bathroom by getting a natural woven shade for the window. What do you think?? I'm still trying to decide..

And replace a few accessories might be helpful too ;)
These white chevron towels are from World Market...how great!

Any ideas or thoughts?? It's definitely a work in progress but can't wait to see the final result! My goal is for most everything (beadboard, mirrors, repainting the lighting, etc) to be a DIY activity and save the $$. Wish me luck.
Have a great Day!
Photobucket

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.