Apr 5, 2012

A tulip wreath!

I don't even think this wreath needs a tutorial, it's so easy to make!! But here I go anyways ;)

I bought a pre-made grapevine wreath at Hobby Lobby for $4, and 12 long stemmed tulips with leaves. (I wanted to buy more flowers to fill up the wreath more but those suckers are pricey!)




When I got home, I laid out the flowers around the wreath so I could see how to space them evenly.


Then I cut the long stems off, right underneath the farthest down leaf. Wire cutters WILL be needed for this ;)

Next, I lined up the flowers in the order I wanted them to be arrayed around the wreath...

Them slowly, one by one, I wove them under and above the grapevine and stuck each one in at an angle and wrapped the leaves around the middle of the wreath.

Some of the grapevine garland is tough, but get tough back with it!

I used a few dots of hot glue to make sure everything would stay put outdoors!

And ta-da! An easy spring wreath!


Now my Christmas wreath can finally come down ;)
Happy Spring!
Photobucket

2 comments

  1. i love it! so simple and chic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this wreath! This is my favorite DIY project so far. AND I must say your Chevron obsession is rubbing off!
    ~Shasta Beard Hightower

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.