May 18, 2012

Cake Pops!

Cake Pops! We began the process of making these yummy treats tonight, but be sure to check back tomorrow for the finished product!!

Ingredients:
Cake Mix
Powder Sugar
Cream Cheese
Butter
Heavy Cream
Sticks
Sprinkles

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking dish. In a bowl, combine your cake mix and the ingredients on the box. Beat until smooth. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden



2. Let cool on rack for 10 minutes, place in freezer for 20 minutes until chilled.

3. In a mixing bowl, blend 8oz of cream cheese and 2 TB of butter for 2 minutes on medium speed. Cut cake into 2" pieces and while the mixer is on low speed, slowly add the cake pieces until all are incorporated.


4. Roll the cake pop mixture into 1.5" balls and place on tray, and then into freezer for 2 hours.



5. In a bowl, combine powder sugar, 2T butter, and 6-8T heavy cream or half and half. Stir until there are no lumps and the frosting is still dipping consistency. 


6. Put the stick in the cooled cake pops and dip into the icing until fully coated.


This is after 1st round of dipping.

I darkened the color and went for the 2nd round after the 1st had hardened.


After 2nd dipping.... 

After 3rd dipping!

Check back tomorrow for the finished product! They are "freezing" overnight in our freezer ;)

I think there is a lot I would do differently next time, but it's a good first try right?!
They definitely didn't turn out like the picture below ;) It's ok, I'll try again! And also, I had a few "helpers" this time around!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.