He's off to the Big Apple!
This morning I dropped Jeremy off at the airport to fly off to New York! It was definitely mixed feelings because he was SO excited to see New York for the first time, and I was so excited for him, but at the same time neither of us wanted to have to be in two different places right now. This morning we were reading in James, where he says"you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
I know that God is using this time to strengthen our faith in Him, and teach us to rely on Him and not each other. I think relying on your spouse is something that quickly happens when you are with someone so often, depend on that person for a lot, and love them so much. But God calls for us to love Him first before everything. I think persevering through times like these are when we really do mature into a more godly woman and man.
Before Jeremy left Dallas for New York, we wanted to get away and do something fun!
So we went to hurricane harbor!! ;) haha It may be a kid place and semi disgusting ... BUT we had a blast and waited in all the lines to ride the slides.
Looks like I'm bald but I promise I'm not ;)
For some reason, I HATE rollercoasters, BUT I love waterslides. Maybe because I know that I am not STRAPPED into something that I cant get out of...who knows.
After hurricane harbor we went to our fav steak restaurant, Saltgrass! We have got the system worked where we can split a wonderful juicy steak for 15 bucks! and gets sides and a salad and my ALL-TIME favorite, the bread!
Have you ever sat around and talked about how you got to where you were now? Well, thats what we did at dinner last night. We had SO much fun reliving the moments that lead up to being married today.
Including:
1. The first time Jeremy held my hand, it was on my front porch in college, where we were sitting with our arms crossed and he somehow found my hand underneath my arm, so we were "secretly" holding hands ;)
2. He apparently asked several of my friends their opinions on how he was going to propose. And they all said that he shouldn't propose at Salado (a Chi O christmas event) because it wouldn't be a secret to the sorority, and the "candle passing" wouldn't be a surprise. But he said he was too stubborn and really wanted to do it then, so he went against them! haha I loved the way it worked out OBVIOUSLY! But how funny that my friends were thinking about it too!
We headed to Wal Mart later to stock up on the essentials ;)
Toothpaste-- very important.
Got him all packed up,
Yes, he had to take my backpack along with my red suitcase ... not too excited about the "girlie" luggage but I told him it could be A LOT worse! I could have given him my pink polka dotted duffle...
Packing for 3 weeks, a challenge. Thanks Jill and Jody for the hang-up luggage! He had 14 dress shirts and they definitely weren't going in the red suitcase ;)
Looking so good in his "business casual attire" for the airplane!
Checked his bags and off he was ;) The reason there isn't a picture of us both was because my face was a little teary and splotchy...I didn't take it too well ;( but I'm doing better and I know I will be in New York in just 5 days!!
(I think the back pack is very becoming ;))
When I came back to our empty apartment I decided it better be time to start getting everything ready to be packed up! In 3 weeks, we are outta here!
But before things started to get boxed up I thought I'd document the apartment and all it's glory ;)
Living Room (please notice Jeremy's pride and joy... the television)
Cross wall!
"Dining Room" ;)
Our bedroom
Guest Bedroom/Office/Storage ;) You can already see the boxes accumulating
Who knew we would only live here for 3 months! The house is coming right along! I never knew there was so much paperwork...we got all the papers signed to get moving with the technical things. We'll close on the 3rd of September (the day Jeremy gets back from New York!)
Here's a few pictures of the inside of the house with the previous owner's belongings in it!
More to come later ;)
As for me this week, I feel very blessed to have such great friends and family that surround me! I am so excited about times to see friends that I haven't seen in a while and enjoy some girl time as well! Thank you to all who have been praying for us during this exciting time!
Jeremy PROMISED to send pictures when he gets to New York, so I'll keep it up to date!


























Courtney-- Love your blog! Congratulations on the new house!
ReplyDeleteMolly
I know it was sad to see him go, but that will just make it GREAT to see him again soon. Remember...you can do anything temporarily. My grandma used to tell me that when things weren't exactly like I would've liked them to be, but it's SO TRUE.
ReplyDeletePS- Apartment looks great, but can't wait to see it all in your new house!!!