Oct 4, 2010

Bombshell Recipe

We had a crowd pleaser tonight here at our house!!

It was the easiest and definitely the best!! Since I haven't been getting home until a little later, the crock pot is my new best friend. I can start something in the morning and when I get home from work ....waaalaaa its done!

Until today, I had only tried pot roast in the crock pot... (pic from previous crock pot yummyies)
which has always been a huge success...

But today I tried slow-roasted CHICKEN!

Recipe: Cheesy Roasted Chicken

The original recipe called for a few different things, I didnt have so I substituted for things I DID have:)

1 can of cheddar cheese soup (I used broccoli cheese soup..which I think was actually better because it added the broccoli flavor to it)
1 can of cream of chicken soup (I used cream of onion because I wanted the onion flavor and didn't have any onions)
Garlic to taste
Salt to taste
3 Chicken Breasts
I put carrots and potatoes in the crock pot too but you could just do the chicken and serve over rice...that would be yummm

Put all ingredients in crock pot and roast on low for 6-10 hours. The chicken was delicious and just the right amount of cheese for flavor! Next time I think I would add a little chicken broth just to make it a little more juicy ;) But it wasn't dried out with all the soups, I just think it would add a little to it...

I would attach a picture but it was the most glamorous meal ever...but it did win all the points for taste...just not appearance ;)


Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.