A Holland Going Away Party
Happy Easter!! This weekend has been a full, fun weekend with friends and family!! Before we got to the Easter Holiday we celebrated a special friend ;)
One of my very best friends from college, Christine is moving to Holland...as we speak!! She boarded an airplane just a few hours ago. But, before she left the country, we had a "farewell" party to celebrate her!
I've posted a few tutorials and DIY things from the prep work for this party, so now here is the final product. It is always fun to give to someone you care about!
The banner "Tot ziens" means "goodbye" in Dutch. Don't worry, I had to look it up a thousand times to make sure I was spelling it correctly!
Amanda sent me these beautiful photographs to display!
Each place setting had a pinwheel party favor (pin wheel tutorial here)!

We also had a Trivia game about Holland and the winner (Christine herself!) took home the red tulip wreath above the food table!
Each place also had a kraft paper bag holding a sweet "goodie" (a 'stroopwafel' which is a Holland treat), closed with a spruced up clothes pin. (see here for clothes pin tutorial)
Tulips are THE flower of Holland.
Need an idea for more serving pieces?? I spray painted a flower pot grey and turned it upside down (and cleaned it!!) to make a server for the chips!
My wooden log has also come in handy...
The "goodbye" banner
The Holland flag is red, white, and blue...so was everything else at the party!
Each cupcake had an easy ribbon topper that turned out great! (topper tutorial here)
I never like seeing the silverware just hanging around, So i wrapped each utensil set up in a napkin and tied it with twine to make it look a little more pretty ;)
The place cards that labeled the food matched the invitations I had made, .... I can't seem to get away from the chevron!!
Thanks to Holley I had some great mason jars to use for the drinking glasses! I tied twine around each one and used striped straws from Etsy to spruce it up!
I loved how the colors turned out. See here for tulip wreath tutorial!
My favorite thing, I think, about the decorations were the tissue paper balls! (tutorial here)
Pretty flowers!
We had spinach artichoke dip and hummus..mmmm!
Cheese and crackers and much more!
Funny fail story of the day. The one thing I thought I'd outsource to "someone professional" was the making of the "wooden shoe cookie". I explained that I wanted a cookie with a wooden shoe drawn on it...the lady didn't know what a wooden shoe was, and I'm afraid I got a "Big Foot" stamp on my cookie ;) OH well...they tasted amazing!
Ok, ok YES there really were people at this party too!! ;)
All the girls!
Christine and I!
Christine and Molly
The talk of the party, Baby Bentley!! Thanks Haley for bringing him ;)
Whitney, Molly, and I
My good sport that put up with all my crafting over the past few weeks ;)
Christine with all her family!
More of the friends!
Christine, we are all praying for you as you start a new journey in Holland!! Love you!!


































Court this looks AWESOME!! I am so sad I missed it! You are such a party planner!! I am amazed!!!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks awesome, Court!! Looks like yall had a great time - way to send Christine off in style!
ReplyDeleteIt looked great--I loved the details!
ReplyDeleteLooks great Courtney! You are so good at what you do!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Love all the details & personal touches...well done! :)
ReplyDeleteI love this party theme! So creative!
ReplyDeletelove all the details in this party!
ReplyDeleteWow ! Beautiful tips... and a well-orgainzed party... Lovely details... Love the red-blue-white color combo... !! And all the girls look soo pretty !!
ReplyDelete