Apr 12, 2011

April!


Not too much has been going on around here, just a few funny moments ;)

Last week, Jeremy was out of town one night for work, so I was watching american idol (hint the TV) and playing on the computer. Sadie was sitting beside me and then got up to go somewhere..i didnt think anything about it and just kept on looking at my computer, a few seconds later I hear a lapping noise, I look over the top of my computer and this is what I find.

Of course I had to snap a quick picture before getting her in trouble.. it went something like this.. "Sadie dont move...click (picture taken)... BAD GIRL sadie NO NO!!"


In the mean time, Sam has found her new love for sticking her head out the window of the car...
She looks hilarious.

So since last September, of being in our house, we have owned all the necessary items to do your yard (weed eater, blower, edger hedge trimmers etc) EXCEPT a lawn mower. Kind of a major deal, we have been having to get Pedro to come mow our lawn. SO finally...we made the trip to Home Depot.

Jeremy made friends with the cutest old man...Vern. He knew anything and everything there was to know about mowers, lawns and grass. Jeremy was just taking notes! Vern even put the lawn mower together and put oil in it for us. Thanks Vern ;)


When we got home...it was about 6pm...Jeremy was so excited to play with his new toy that he just went ahead and started mowing! And today...4 days later, he wanted to mow again, but I told him he probably should let the grass grow a little first ;)



This weekend we had a couple little visitors for a day! Wish we could have spent more time with you guys ;) But thanks for tiring the puppies out!!


Now that the weather is getting quite a bit warmer...Sam's 4" hair coat was starting to get quite hot. In fact...we would hear her panting at night because she was so hot ;( poor baby. So she got a BIG hair cut this week!

Before:


After

Sadie got a hair cut too ...but its not quite as drastic...;)


Last night...for some reason...they were pooped!!

Spooning on the couch..duh

And then Sam needed to stretch out of course...


This morning, Sam had to go get her last round of puppy shots!

The waiting room was pretty traumatic...there were HUGE dogs and 2 cats... She didnt move from this position...


After she got her shots, we got home and she played around with Sadie for a while, and then started to lay down all around the house. I went to go and pet her, and pick her up and she started YELPING when i touched her I picked her up and realized that it was where she got her shots that was so tender. And then she started shaking all over. By this point I was starting to get worried. She was laying on the couch and moaning ;( So I called the vet and they said it was pretty normal for a small dog to have a reaction to this certain shot she got. They said to give her half of a baby tylenol and let her rest... So i did and slowly she quit shaking and has just been laying around all afternoon ;(

She looks so sad ;( Her ears wouldn't even perk up for a treat!

But later she decided it was still ok to cuddle with Sadie ;)

Tonight for dinner I made a new meal!!

Homemade Au Gratin potatoes (recipe really good!)
Parmesan crusted tilapia
cornbread
greenbeans



Turned out very yummy!!

2 comments

  1. the pictures of the puppies sleeping together are PRECIOUS! and recipes for the potatoes and tilapia please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1- I think it is hilarioud that Sadie has learned to drink out of your cup when her bowl is empty (probably because her sister has been so thristy).

    2- Sam's new haircut is SUPER cute!

    3- So sorry that she had a bad reaction to her shots :(

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.