Apr 20, 2011

Exciting news and a few vacation days!

As some of you guys know, for a week and a half now I have been on the job hunt! My great time at my firm, Looney and Associates was the Friday before last when my almost year long contract was completed. I was SO thankful for the great experience I got there and was able to gather lots of recommendation letters before I left!

Two weeks ago, I had an interview at another hospitality design firm (hotels, casinos and resorts is hospitality) called Forrest Perkins. It is also in Uptown in Dallas. It was going to be a great opportunity with lots of room for growth and I would be getting to do exactly what I was doing at Looney, just gaining more responsibilities. So today....I got a phone call...dah dah dah. And Forrest Perkins called to extend an offer for the position!!!! This was an AMAZING example of God at work. This job situation had been something that not only had Jeremy and I prayed over lots and lots of times, but I know that others had been praying for me. I learned during this time to be patience and wait on the Lord. Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently on Him" Psalm 37:7 The past week I had been a little of a worrier and this weekend had really triend to give it over to God completely.
And then He showed me how he can work and gave me more in a job than I could have asked for!

I will be started my new position as a Jr. Designer at Forrest Perkins on Monday!!!

I have to say though, I have COMPLETELY enjoyed my week and a half off!! I've had some good bonding time with the puppies...and organized EVERY closet, shelf, drawer, room and garage in our house! HA i have trouble sitting still...;/

Here are a few fun pictures of the girls over the past week:

I laid out one day in the back yard and they did too!!




Cuddle time with dad ;)

And mom
So I think it might be time to get a bigger dog bed....we bought this when we got Sadie...before Sam came along...they try so hard to fit in it together though!!


We thought maybe if we put a blanket down beside it, one would sleep in the bed and the other on the blanket but they like to sleep together!!! they both moved to the blanket!

Sam's typical pose: she just gives out in the middle of walking....totally flat out

Sadie has learned that our bed is quite comfortable...and she had learned to JUMP all the way up! Its a tall bed too!
Today the girls were quite mischievous. As I'm on the phone accepting my offer for my new job, I look out in the backyard and realize that Sadie is NO WHERE to be found. Sam is panicky racing along the fence....after I get off the phone..I go outside and see a TINY 2" high crack between the fence and the ground on one small place of the fence line. I climb up on the fence and TADA i found her! In our neighbors backyard!! Playing with their large, black and fluffy, BOY dog. I panic, run around the house to the front door of our neighbors behind us who we've only met the husband and when the wife answers the door I say "hi my name is Courtney, I live behind you and my dog is in your backyard ;)" haha needless to say, Sadie had a great field trip next door to meet "Bo" and we put bricks up to block the hole!

When I got back...I find this mess in the backyard:



Why is digging so fun?!?!?!

They both had to get baths....and they towel dried afterwards ;)

My little wet puppies!
Sadie has been performing acrobatics lately...on Jeremy's BACK!


I'm going to enjoy my last two days of vacation and then head back to work at my NEW JOB!!

Jeremy has been loving his job and I must say doing very well! But I am biased ;) His new partner started today so they are back to a full team and ready to hit the last end of the quarter!

The Knights last softball game is tomorrow night for the season! Cross your fingers for a great game!

1 comment

  1. I am SO excited for you and your new job! I am confident that Psalms 37:7 is exactly what put you in your new job!

    Also, the doggies are cute as always!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.