Jul 17, 2011

Cool Summer Treats

Yesterday, I wanted to make something sweet, but something that was COLD! Ice cream was the obvious option, but i was trying to be different ;) So first off I thought about a "pie" that my mom used to make for my brother and I growing up! Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie! (recipes after pic) I told Jeremy about it, and he thought it sounded great, but i made him think of a pie HIS mother used to make for him and his siblings growing up! Lemonade pie! So...instead of trying to come to a compromise (because they both sounded good!) I decided to make both! you cant ever have enough sweets ;) And these are the worlds most easiest pies to make!

Lemonade Pie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Pies!
Lemonade Pie:

1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 can of frozen Lemonade concentrate
1 graham cracker crust
1 tub of cool whip topping

Mix Cool Whip and sweetened condensed milk first, then add lemonade concentrate to mixture. Pour in the graham cracker crust and place in freezer for at least 4 hours to set. Then enojy! Can't be easier than that!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie:

1 graham cracker crust
1 box of Chips Ahoy Cookies (original)
1 glass of milk
1 tub of cool whip topping

Starting in the graham cracker crust, dip cookies in milk and then make a layer of cookies in the bottom of the graham cracker crust. On top of this first layer of cookies, spread a layer of cool whip. Continue this 2 more times making alternating 3 layers of the cookies and 3 layers of cool whip, ending with the last layer of cool whip cream. Sprinkle cookie crumbs on top of pie to make it look even more appetizing!

2 EASY cool treats for summer!




Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.