Kids Bedroom Design
I have had so much fun with this family!! Several months ago, I completed a design for their 11 year old daughter, and it turned out great! Recently, we just wrapped up the design for her two younger brothers that are 6 and 7 years old.
(Sorry this post's images are overlapping my right column...I wanted the images to be big enough to see the design, so we will just have to deal with it;)
They both wanted to have a space that was "their own" but still all coordinated throughout the room. They have many similarities in their interests, but also, have their own, special interests they wanted to incorporate!
This is their design!
We ended up going with a bed unit from Pottery Barn Teen that gave them each their own wall, while opening up the floor space of the bedroom for more play.
I had two different ideas for what they could do above their beds, and so I let the boys decide! You try and see which one you like, and I'll tell you at the end which one they picked ;)
This design showed striped walls just along the bed walls with one accent stripe in their favorite color.
This design split the wall in two and used their favorite color, AND favorite sport as accents.
The only thing, I can say is...I'm sorry for whoever has to paint these decals. I wish I could have found stick on ones!
They picked this last design with the football and baseball painted decals!
Closet wall with hat rack and dresser...
Desk area. I wanted both boys to have seats, but the room was getting pretty cramped, so I decided to make use of the window and let it be the focal point.
I created a desk unit with a parson's style desk from Container Store and 2 modern shelving units from Target that flanked the window and shaped the style.
Also, for fun, I added peg board painted in their coordinating favorite colors on either side of the window to fill in the gaps before the bookcase started. So they can hang anything they'd like!
Thanks for the fun project guys and hope you enjoy your room!!










Looks great!!!
ReplyDeleteGood job on those designs! I have been meaning to ask you... what program do u use to create your digital boards? Photoshop or something else? Also do u render in photoshop or by hand then scan in? feel free to respond here or msg me on FB :) thanks lady!
ReplyDeleteJenna
Hey! I use InDesign to put the digital boards together and I render in Photoshop. These images are super blurry with the importing into blogger, but they aren't normally this blurry ;)
ReplyDeleteIf you go to www.connellinteriors.com and click on her Online Design package -- you can see examples of more renderings and boards I've done. I head up her online design stuff!
Hope you're doing well!
I think you have to click on "sample design package" once you are in the Online Design page... ;)
ReplyDelete