Mar 8, 2012

Accessorizing

To accessorize: it sounds like bracelets, earrings and hair bows doesn't it? Well, to me it means bowls, vases, flowers and knick knacks.

Can i be honest? I really hate to pick out, arrange or deal with accessories. I know lots of people thing thats what Interior Designers do.. put books on coffee tables, pick out pillows and fill book shelves. Actually...its quite the opposite, but I won't tackle that today. In hotels, "accessorizing" is actually awful. Many times, we really are required to specify which bowl will sit on the coffee table in the lobby...really?! Boring.

So when it comes to my house. My opinion doesn't really change. I don't really want/even know where to start when it comes to filling bookcases and putting things on coffee tables.

But I do my best. Because, after all....its about the whole package.

I re-filled the built in's above our TV last night... rearranged, and stared, and rearranged again.
 I think it works pretty well, for now ;)

 I also finally got around to hanging up our marriage license, invitation and bridal portrait of mine.

I'm trying to bring in the gold because our master bath has that really wonderful awful gold frame on the glass shower. So I'm really trying to go with it.

Here are some examples of "good accessorizing" I found...Most are Emily A Clark blog, some from pinterest.

This is how Sam feels about that...she's loving the new pillows ;) Extra cushion for the pushin!

Have a good rainy day! (Here in Dallas at least ;)

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.