Banister = Accomplished!
We now have a WHITE banister on our staircase!
Since all of the trim and fireplace surround is white in the living room, I felt like the stained banister stuck out a little. So when I painted it white, it really "cleaned" up the look and brightened the room!
Before:
After!:
One thing I really did like about the stained was the added contrast in the room. I need some contrast....I'm going to have to look for that somewhere else now ;)
I used the Annie Sloan Chalk paint "Old White" and mixed it with a little tan paint I had at home until I got the same color that the spindles already were painted. After I did one coat of the Annie Sloan paint... i got this:
I used the Annie Sloan Chalk paint "Old White" and mixed it with a little tan paint I had at home until I got the same color that the spindles already were painted. After I did one coat of the Annie Sloan paint... i got this:
Scary...I know. I almost screamed. But them remembered how I had read online that it would take several white coats to get it even.
So after another two coats...I got this:
Much better.
After the paint had dried, I topped it with a coat of clear lacquer polish to seal the paint and give it a little sheen.
After about 3 hours (which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be)...
it worked like a charm!
oh and ps...I think I am one step closer to getting a "nice" camera...so hopefully we will be done with these awful iphone pics soon!!
We are watching the Baylor game and eating BBQ around this house tonight!
Happy Weekend!
We are watching the Baylor game and eating BBQ around this house tonight!
Happy Weekend!








Court, it looks great!! Love, love, love the white banisters - it looks so clean and polished. Nice job! I love your house :)
ReplyDeleteI love this and want to do this to mine! Question-did you have to sand or prime first or did you just paint it right on? Thank you for your help!
ReplyDeleteI have the same question as above, did sand at all in between painting or before?
ReplyDeleteOh wow you are a star. Ive painted my walls and the dark old fashioned spindles on the stairs dont go. Been thinking for years what to do sanding no way. So will try this problem solved thanks to you yay
ReplyDeleteOh wow you are a star. Ive painted my walls and the dark old fashioned spindles on the stairs dont go. Been thinking for years what to do sanding no way. So will try this problem solved thanks to you yay
ReplyDelete