Mar 27, 2012

It's the thought that counts ;)

Want to see something pretty funny??
So...There are a group of ladies at my office taking this very large exam this weekend to pass their licensing exam for Interior Design. (Betcha didn't know there was one of those?!) It is a very large comprehensive exam based heavily on architecture, codes, and drawings. Not an easy test. Don't let the title "Interior Designer" fool you.

I thought..hey I should make them a little "good luck" gift!
So, tonight after I got home from work and we finished dinner, I got out all my scissors, my papers, and went to town! I got completely done with the whole project...photographed it....cleaned it up....sat down to write this post....and realized one TINY detail I had messed up on.

Can you find it?? Oh my goodness.

I cut cute little circles to write a phrase on...

Packaged oreos (and M&M's for my gluten free friend ;) in a cute kraft paper baggie....


And wrote my (obviously) well thought out saying on the circles!!...(have you caught my mistake yet?!)


I glued paper to the tops of clothes pins for a little more jazz....

And complied all the bags!! (see anything YET?)

(really Courtney?!?!) The bag as a whole turned out very nicely...




Yep, apparently...according to ME..."cookies" are "SMART"?!?!?!?! Oh my GOODNESS!! These bags were supposed to say "You're one smart cookie!" But instead...after a 14 hour work day and 2 hour commute...it came out "You're as smart as a cookie!". I think it's time for me to get some rest! WOW!
Since I don't have time to re-do, hopefully the ladies will know it's the thought that counts ;)
Goodnight ;)!!

Photobucket

4 comments

  1. 14 hr work day and 2 hour commute!? thats pretty brutal. is your commute always that long??

    ReplyDelete
  2. blah...yes, it's usually 1 hour each way but on days with wrecks it has been known to be 2 hours ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...I'm sure they still really appreciated the thought behind your gift. And the fact you got your saying a little "swapped" probably gave them the laugh they needed to relax :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.