May 15, 2012

Our evening fajitas!

I admit, I have greatly been falling down on my DIY crafts lately. And I have to say...I miss it!! I'm so ready to have just a few free moments that I can actually do something crafty ;)

Until then, the only other thing I have time to do other than work....is EAT! (gotta do that!)

An easy week night meal that we always fall back on is fajitas! I know what youre thinking...that is salmon below..not fajitas. Yes, I know, I wanted to brag on Jeremy for a second though and show you the salmon he made on Sunday night for us!
 He did so good!

And I had some leftover veggies that I saved for this meal.
Getcha some rice, beans, tortillas, rotel, picante, cilantro, avocados, and spices!

I sliced up a bell pepper leftover from the salmon meal for some added flavor.

I bag my chicken in a ziploc baggie and add a few squirts of olive oil, a few of lime juice, garlic powder,  onion powder, lowery's fajita seasoning, and a dash of salt for the marinade. Grill those chickens until nice and golden.

While they are grilling, smash up 3 or 4 avocados, add a bit of olive oil, lime juice and garlic. Then chop up a few cilantros leaves and mix it all up!


Slice up the chicken and top with the bell peppers

We usually serve up our plates in the kitchen ;)

and 20 minutes later we have full plates! (and 5 minutes later, they are empty again!)
Any other go-to meals out there??
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. our go-to meal is quesadillas with peppers and onions inside...soo pretty much the same as fajitas! I also do grilled sandwiches alot. BUT what i really want to say is the salmon looks delish and I would love if you could email me the recipe ;) i'm making salmon this week and I didn't want to do anything fancy but this looks a couple steps up from boring/not too time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our favorite "go-to" meal is crock pot chicken. I will throw a couple of chicken breasts in the crockpot before work with a can of chicken broth. When I get home, I can shred it and add whatever sauce we want - BBQ, buffalo, etc. It's easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have both of these on our go-to lists as well!! I love the crock pot. It's like a chef (I don't have to do anything, and i come home to a fully cooked, delicious meal)!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.