Felt & Fabric Bows Tutorial!
I've shown a few things that I've made or gotten for my two best friends having baby girls this coming August, so now I am adding to their bow supply!!
These are fabric and felt bows that I made using fabric trims, fabric scraps, felt and headbands, and buttons!
Always good to have a snack near-by ;)
Bow #1
The first bow I made started with a 1/2 yd of fabric trim from hobby lobby. I folded in back and forth several times (hot gluing underneath as a went) in a circle form.
Then I cut 4 circles (about the size of a cup base) out of felt. Fold the circle in half, and then in half once more (so it is 1/4th of the size).
Use a needle and thread (and thumb cover) to thread your needle through the felt and through the middle of the trim "base"
I threaded 4 circles around the middle of the circle trim and tied a knot on the underside.
Then use hair clips (found at Hobby Lobby, with ribbon glued around the silver, sharp part) and hot glue the top of the clip to the bottom of the bow.
I found this really pretty ribbon of flowers at Hobby Lobby and I used one of the "flowers" as the centerpiece of the bow.
Then slide the clip through the headband (found at Hobby Lobby)! TaDA!!
Bow #2
The fabric rosette! Cut a strip of fabric about 2" x 18". Fold in half, long ways, and fold once more after that. I used hot glue to tack the tops and bottoms so it stayed. You could also iron if you felt like it!
Start by rolling the end up to about the size of your finger nail to form the "center". Once you have the center formed, start twisting the fabric and wrapping around the center, hot gluing as you go to tack it.
Roll and twist until you have formed the rosette!!
I cut a few felt pieces in cute shapes for the base and hot glued to the bottom of the rosette.
Hot glue another clip to the base and now it can slide onto any headband!
Here is another rosette, that is a little smaller in size!
Bow #3
The felt Flower!
Start by cutting 6 circles out of felt in your favorite colors. Fold the circle in half, and then in half again.
Thread a needle through the bottom of the "point" of the circle.
Thread all 6 folded circles onto the yarn and then thread the needle back into the original FIRST circle you threaded in order to tie it off.
Once you have cut the thread, you can play with the felt circles, and arrange them how you would like.
I cut a small piece of felt and hot glued it to the bottom so the circles would have a base. The yarn showing is coming from a button I sewed into the middle of the bow.
Hot glue a clip and slip onto a headband!
Beautiful!
Bow #4
This one is a little easy ;) I cut the bows off the ribbon I purchased and sewed them onto a headband. Easy and fast!
Bow #5
Start with a fabric trim piece.
Form a circle out of the piece and hot glue the ends together.
Press down the middle and begin to sew your circle pieces of felt onto the center as shown in Bow #1.
Fasten the thread on the bottom by tying a knot!
I added another button to the center to cover any threads!
And the best part is....you can mix and match the bows and headbands!! This one can now be a 4th of July one ;)
Hope you enjoyed !! ;)





































too cute! Those babies will love them :)
ReplyDeleteGREAT tutorials!! So much eye candy here. And I love the houndstooth fabric - so pretty.
ReplyDelete