Jun 6, 2012

Learning to Shoot in Manual

Today I got a spur-of-the-moment urge to paint my lamp in the living room..again. 
Yes, I've already painted it once. It's been from black, to white, and now to navy blue!!

I've been learning more about my DSLR camera and learning more about shooting in manual and capturing interiors better. I'd love to really become an expert so I can better capture my projects and pictures for personal use and blog!

Here is my lamp and after a fresh coat of spray paint! 

I set it under a fan to help it dry faster....


Final Product!


I learned a little more about the main settings of manual shooting from Centsational Girl's blog and really have been amazed while teaching myself how to do this, what big of difference it makes.

This is a little triangle to help us remember the meanings and uses of the aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
I can say that I really don't ever use a flash anymore. It is all about capturing any natural light that is in the room when you are shooting interiors. When you play with the ISO and aperture to find the perfect setting, the flash isn't needed and your room will have better depth of field instead of seeming like one plane (as it does with a flash)


Try and find a different angle to take the picture from, other than the "typical". Shooting in manual, you are able to change the amount of blur you get in your background by changing aperture to a lower setting.

Or focus on the depth in the field rather than the up close. Yet again, no flash.

I'm still doing a lot of learning but it's definitely a fun little hobby!
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. It was already beautiful in black but love it in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great you are learning more about photography. I hope to get one of those fancy cameras myself sometime this year! I already hate using flash on my digital lol so it will be an easy transition :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am practicing in manual too, it is fun when you do it well! good luck! we need to practice together sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.