Jun 30, 2012

Puffy Letter Nursery Decor


I have a friend who is having a baby this August and wanted a sign to go above the crib that also coordinates with the "rustic" decor of the nursery! (that I had helped out with a few months ago)

I didn't do a great job of taking pictures as I went, because I kind of made this up as I created!

I started with a few yards of fabric in the colors of the nursery, and my sewing machine 



Next, I blocked out the letters on the fabric that I wanted the most color to be shown.

After I cut the purple letters out with fabric scissors, I traced around each letter on the turquoise fabric, about 1/2" away from the border to create a larger letter. Then I used the zig zag stitch on my sewing machine and sewed the purple fabric to the turquoise fabric.

Once I had done that, I cut out a piece of the turquoise fabric to be the "back" of the letter and sewed part of the "letter pillow" and began to stuff each letter with stuffing! This is where I was lacking on the pictures, because this got pretty detailed!

Sadie slept through the whole process...

Finally each letter was complete!! Don't you love the name.. "Brealynn"! Adorable.

I made 3 small fabric flowers and hot glued them to the "B" for a cute addition.

The final product! I used twine and tied each letter to the branch, and then used more twine to create the hanging mechanism.



Can't wait to meet Brealynn in August!!!

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. What a cute idea. Would also be a great DIY for a bridal or baby shower.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.