Aug 6, 2010

Its been a busy week here at the Eads household! Jeremy had been studying more than he ever did in all four years combined at college! In fact, I made him coffee at 11 pm and he stayed up until 1am studying one night! This training stuff is no joke! He literally has been talking a different language in medical terms, and pretends to diagnose me with the symptoms his drugs call for. haha So basically, if anyone is asking....my husband sells drugs, not to be confused with a drug dealer ;)

So while he has been home studying like crazy, Ive been heading out to work every morning! I feel so grateful to have this job right now and I really am loving it! I usually get lots of questions about what I do, so I thought I would give a little heads up on my day at work!

Right now I am working on a restaurant and bar area in the lobby of Hilton Houston North. It is a renovation of the existing area. It usually starts something like this....


Lots of fabrics, and then where?


Then to the floorplan!
And lots of paperwork in between writing specifications!


Then usually something involving CAD and lots of tiny numbers...



And ALWAYS supporting Team XO :)


After a long week, we decided to go try out the famous pizza place, Grimaldis!
It was incredible!! They bake their pizza's in a coal brick oven and mmmmmm!

Leftovers that we LEFT at the restaurant!! BOOO!!



This is as close to New York as I'll be getting in the next few weeks! But Jeremy will be there in ONE WEEK!!


After, there was live music outside! HA but we took a video so you could listen to the awesome video and see what YOU think ;) BUT i couldn't get it to post ;( At least it was fun times!





So Jeremy heads out for New York NEXT SUNDAY for 3 weeks for the remainder of his training. Its a really exciting time for him because he will get to see SO much and experience some neat things! I will definitely miss him being here ;( But we know that this experience will make us both stronger in the end. And at least it is only 3 weeks and not 4!

House update! We are moving in on September 11th! or at least that is when the movers come...so we better be boxed up by then!!

Last but not least, the cheesy biscuit recipe from the last post!! I showed pics and didnt give the recipe!

Easy Cheesy Biscuits!

3 C flour
2 T sugar
1/4 c shortening
1/2 c butter
1-1/2C cheddar cheese (shredded)
1T + 1 t baking powder
1t salt
1 T dried minced onion (optional)
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t thyme
1-1/4C milk

Preheat oven to 450. In large bowl, stir in flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder, onion, and thyme. Cut in the butter and shortening. Cut together until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Form a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour in milk all at once. Use a fork, stir until moistened, fold in cheese. Be careful not to over mix! Drop by spoonfuls onto a well greased pan. Bake medium size biscuits for 10 mins or large for 12 mins. Cook until slightly browned!


Lastly, Shout out to my brother Kyle, for coming to spend the night at our apartment! We had a blast!!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.