Sep 2, 2010

Design...but for me this time!

So, naturally, since we are about to own a home, all I can think about is how fun it will be to get to actually design my OWN space! And not have to repaint over the walls in a few years when we move out, or just use the junkie plastic bins for my shorts because a real dresser won't fit, or be afraid to hang things on the walls knowing that I will have to patch them soon.

As I've said a few times, our house is going to be a work in progress for a WHILE, until we slowly accumulate things to fill it! But I can sure dream about what it will be like! And Jeremy said I needed to make a priority list of what I thought we NEEDED to what I just wanted ;)

So my first thing on my list and only thing that I've gotten (I've done so good ;)) is a sisal rug!
If you don't know what a sisal rug is, it is a great transitional piece that can create a warm look in a living room, dining room, or home office and take the place of carpet if you have a lot of hardwood flooring or tile. We have stone tile throughout our living room into our kitchen, SO I thought a sisal rug would be wonderful.


This is a sisal rug in a living area, with a cream linen border. I order a sisal wool rug with a tan linen border for our new home!


On the list of things that aren't needed but maybe one day wanted will be a fun, colorful rug to layer with! A great idea that I have found is to layer a fun rug under the furniture or coffee table with the sisal rug underneath. Layering is always good.

Next stop in my virtual house was the study that Jeremy will be working out of. With his new job, he will have a home office! Even though he will be on the road most of the time, I still think he needs a stylish office ;)

This is my favorite desk that I think would look great with cubby style shelving behind it.


I love the soft cherry appeal to this desk!


See the cubby style shelving in front of this desk? I think something similar to this concept would look great behind the desk possibly with flanking side tables possibly??



These leaning shelves add a modern twist to the traditional office and make it appear a little more airy. I think these would add a great look to Jeremy's office!

On the top of the list is a new kitchen table. A dining room table will have to wait for now, but a new table for our breakfast nook would be so great. I think that something metal or iron would be really pretty in this area because the dining room furniture one day will be lots of hard woods and heavy design. I think it would be nice to change it up for the kitchen table.

One of my fav's..our kitchen nook has bay windows, so we need a round table...


PS its on a sisal rug ;)!! And it has a matching baker's rack...im in love.

One of my new favorite places to look online is potterybarn.com...They have a link called "room ideas" where they have posted lots of pictures from different room types to give us ideas!
Love it.

So this is my design mind speaking out, and my dream ideas that maybe in 10 years will get implemented ;) But it's fun to dream!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.