A few new things
Since I've been home the past few days, I've had to have SOMETHING to keep me busy ;) and thankfully it wasn't going shopping but it was rearranging a few things around the house!
The con's to having my career:
- i'm never satisfied with where things are, therefore I rearrange decorations/furniture on a regular basis...sometimes good but sometimes leaving too many holes in the walls ;/
- seeing really pretty things in all my design catalogs but having to remember that those are only to buy in BULK for big hotels...not one little house
Either way I did make some new changes:

Finally set up our china! One day I can spread it out in a china cabinet, but for now it goes good on our bakers rack! ( the top two plates are missing because I used them in dinner tonight ) haha
My tiny TV that I've had in my room at college, we finally decided to put it up in our room so we can "watch the Today show in the morning" or aka watch ESPN before Jeremy falls asleep ;) But I have to admit, it is nice to lay in bed and watch movies, even if it is on a tiny screen
Our new and improved office! I've been looking all over for a modern looking/different levels/shelving unit to put on the wall behind the desk, finally found one at Homegoods AND it had a tiny nick on it, so I got 15% off!
-I changed out the curtains to red...i think it looks a little more modern
- and added the plant...Jeremy loves the plant.
hopefully he won't try and water it....its not alive. Once when he lived with Justin Harkins he watered Justin's FAKE plant. hahaha but I give him big props for even trying! I was impressed he thought of it! Even if it was fake,...
After I finished moving things around we already had up....I had been listening to the radio and they are playing CHRISTMAS music!! Which I love christmas and I just don't think I want to put up decorations and only get to look at them for 1 month! SO i took matters into my own hands....time for a FEW of the decorations to go up ;) and thankfully we only literally have a few...
I wrapped the banister in garland (that was only $4 at wally world!!) and lights from last years after
Fun story to go with them:
My Grandaddy’s mom made stockings that started this tradition for my Granddaddy, Grandmommy, my Aunt Gwyn and Uncle Jeff, my Dad, and my Mom. Then my Aunt Gwyn made my cousins Megan and Amanda one when they were born. When I was born my mom made mine! Kyle was born so close to Christmas that Mom didn't have time to whip his out before Christmas so a sweet lady from my Mom's hometown, her second cousin made Kyle's. So when we got married this last summer...the same lady made a matching one for Jeremy!!
(Except his is bigger than mine!! I guess he gets more presents than me ;)
My good friend Larkin gave me this recipe last year and it has been a hit, more than once!
I took it to Thanksgiving with Jeremy's family last year and they loved it!
Pumpkin Bread:
Ingredients:
3 1/2 C Flour
3 C Sugar
1 t. Ginger (I always use a HEAPING teaspoon on the spices)
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
1 t. allspice
1 1/2 t. salt ( I used kosher salt in baking)
2 t. baking soda
1 - 16oz can Pumpkin
1 C Vegetable Oil
4 Eggs
1/2 C + 1 T Water
1. Mix together pumpkin, oil, eggs, and water in small bowl
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, spices, salt, and soda.
3. Make a well in the center of the large bowl of dry mix and pour in liquids, mix well
4. Pour into a well greased and flour bundt pan OR 2 loaf pans
5. Bake at 350F for 1 hour until toothpick is clean
I usually make a little powder sugar and milk glaze and drizzle over it!
It is DELICIOUS!!











I am going to try that pumpkin bread recipe soon. That just looks to good not to!! I LOVE the decorations :)
ReplyDelete