Lately
This week has been pretty uneventful, I'm back at work, and working away! It's good to be back, but i will say, I did miss sleeping a little later and getting to take my time cooking dinner, and getting to run during the daytime!Now, I leave when its dark and get home when its dark! I can't decide if I like the time change or not...
But while I was home, I decided to get a few things done that may not supposed to be done till later and closer to the holidays BUT i took advantage of my time off ;)
Up went the christmas tree!! I forgot how much I really don't like to pull all the tiny branches apart and "fluff" them....you get scrapes on your arms and end up with little green branches in your hair...nice. But the ending result is worth it! Jeremy and I hung all the ornaments one night and started our own holiday tradition :) Some of the ornaments are ones that my mom let me have from when I was little!
Yes, there are presents under it too! That was the other part of the "getting things done early". I tried to knock out most of the Christmas shopping early! Which worked out good because a lot of places are having sales and coupons!
I was a little proud of the bow I made. We didn't have a tree topper..and I didn't want an angel holding a candle...haha so I made my own tree topper!
Funny fact of the week. I have the easiest husband to please when it comes to desserts. He loved rice krispie treats, and for some (great) reason, thinks that my "recipe" (aka the back of the rice krispie box) is the best thing on earth.
So we have had PLENTY of rice krispie treats at our house lately ;)
This is about 30 minutes after they were made...check back in about 3 hours and they will be gone.





love you & that you have your christmas tree up. wish i could come over drink hot choc and watch christmas movies with you!
ReplyDelete