Dec 10, 2010

Is it Christmas already??

I can't believe that Christmas is in 2 WEEKS and so therefore I keep updated the christmas decorations around the house ;) there is only so long that we get to enjoy them! And the same with our outside lights....Jeremy keeps adding and adding...you might say our house...inside and out is a Griswald house...but I say its a classier version ;)

Before I get to all the new christmas additions I had to share one of our favorite week night recipes that is SO goood!

This particular one is chicken in the crock pot with cheesy potato sauce, rice, and garlic asparagus.

What I do is get up in the morning and throw a few chickens in the crock pot. You can really use WHATEVER soup you have on hand to make a delicious sauce! One of Jeremy's favorite is mushroom sauce...for that I use 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (sometimes adding in fresh mushrooms), a splash of worstershire sauce and about 1/2 can of chicken broth. It makes a GREAT sauce. I cook it on low all day.

This one that I made this week was a can of broccoli cheese soup and a can of potato soup with a can of chicken broth. It turned out really good too! it had a cheesy taste to it which was great and had real potatoes added in!



Easy and yummy!


I made a few "additions" to our tree after seeing my friend Amanda's tree this week ;) Jeremy thinks our tree looks like it has antlers ...but i think it looks good.

You can't see it well here but there are glittered "sprigs" aka sticks in the top with poinsettias throughout and garland in the top.


Table Top Decor ;) Jeremy thinks it looks like a forest haha he loves all my crazy decorating ideas.

I finally got around to planting flowers that wont die when it freezes. I went to Callaways to get some pansies and the man that helped me said, oh are you buying these for your parents house?? NO CRAZY i am taking them home to my husband and I's home. Thanks for making me feel 16 years old.

But they turned out nice!






Mom helped me pick out a wreath that needed a little sprucing up and here it is finished with some great new additions!


The lights are very close to being completed FINALLY!

Literally everynight when Jeremy gets home from work he goes to working on these!


He's done a great job!


Tonight was our sunday school Christmas party and guess who got roped into singing Winter Wonderland karaoke style??

Haha lets just say i'm sure we were entertaining ;) Thanks Jody for getting us up there!



Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.