White Rock!
Yesterday (Sunday) my friend Holley and several of her friends and I ran in the White Rock Marathon Relay! a few things I learned about marathoners....- Someone that can run a 5 minute mile for 26.2 miles straight MUST have another kind of blood in their body...that can't be humanly possible
- When it is 38 degrees outside with a 20 mile an hour wind from the north and girls are still in tiny shorts and a half shirt....they either must be numb or you must really work up a sweat when you run
- 26.2 miles is a long way....and I only ran 5.2 of it.
- Running in the cold is not as fun as running in the warm sunny weather ;)
- there are some huge homes around White Rock Lake
- I am so impressed with people who have the dedication and stamina to make it that long
The only regret I have from yesterday is that we didn't get a team PHOTO!!!! We will have to re-inact the race day...minus the whole getting up at 5am part.
My biggest fan came out and waited for 3 HOURS until he saw me run by ;) Such a good supporter!! And he captured the only picture of the day! Right before I ran across the finish line!
Now if only the rest of the team were in the picture! We finished 95th!! haha And we were SO proud! there were 155 teams in the race and we made the top 100!! :) haha Way to go "Finishers"!!



I am so proud of us too!! I'm sad we didnt get a team picture, but I guess that means we will all have to go to dinner soon and wear our medals :)
ReplyDelete