Chicken Enchiladas
One of our favorite meals, and a staple around our house is...Chicken Enchiladas!
I went to look if I had ever shared the recipe on here, and I couldn't find that I had...so I thought it was about time.
This meal is wonderful for many reasons. Not only does it taste amazing, but you can also make it in stages, and put it in the fridge to cook/eat the next day.
Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts
10 tortillas
1 bushel of cilantro
3/4 cup of sour cream
1 cup of grated cheese
fajita seasonings (or onion powder/cumin/garlic powder/salt)
a splash of lime juice
one can of green chili enchilada sauce
1. Cook the chicken breasts fully at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.
2. While the chicken is cooking, wash your cilantro and dice into tiny pieces. I usually use only about a handful of the bushel. (save the rest for the salsa!)
3. Use a small mixing bowl and add the sour cream, cilantro, cheese and lime juice
(This is my FAVORITE seasonings for anything mexican. I use about 2T of this in this recipe!)
4. Warm the tortillas in the microwave a bit so they are soft.
5. Mix all the ingredients in the bowl together, then add the cooked chicken to the mixture. Some like their chicken cut into small pieces, I shred ours then add it to the mixture.
6. Spoon mixture into the 10 tortillas and roll up
7. Place in greased baking dish
8. Spray Pam on top of the tortillas (so they brown good) and I add a bit of cheese on top as well.
9. Place in oven at 350 for 40 minutes or until edges are brown.
10. Mix one can of green chili enchilada sauce with 1/2 cup of sour cream for the sauce.
11. Pour over enchiladas and enjoy!
12. I top it all off with chips and salsa! Go here for my salsa recipe!!
Let me know what you think! It's one of our favorites!
On a completely separate note...Tonight was also "bath day" for the pups. This is usually a dreaded day for everyone. I look up to you guys with big dogs...I can only imagine what bath day would be like if they weighed more than I could pick up!
Sam no longer fits in the kitchen sink...so she gets the bathtub.
She's thrilled, if you can't tell.
Gotta get those feet clean...and then towel dry that crazy hair!
She goes CRAZY when she gets done. Even though she is basically dry, she thinks she is SOAKED, so she runs around the house, rubbing up against all the furniture, doing forward rolls and backflips on the carpet to try and get ANY wetness thats left, off!
Have a good night!






Post a Comment
We love to hear from you!!