Give Thanks and Be Joyful
I had a little revelation this morning as I was reading through some blogs and admiring other designer's beautiful works in new homes. THIS home is not our home. We have an eternal home with our heavenly Father.
While "fixing up", "designing" and "renovating" is FUN, ... it is purely that... Fun. It is temporal in this beautiful world. The decor itself does not have any eternal value, and I think I do forget that sometimes. It's easy to get wrapped up in the beauty and excitement of creating new things, and wish I had more creativity, money or time to do more....but in all reality... this home is not our own. I do think God did give us gifts of creativity to enjoy designing and creating beautiful spaces, because it is something that brings us joy and can, if given the proper credit, give Him the glory as well.
It's something I am challenging myself to remember.
"2 Corinthians 5:1 - For we know that when the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a
building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."
Have a wonderful day!



Such a great reminder..Thanks for the encouragement!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Great post. So proud of you for not being ashamed of your faith!
ReplyDelete