Mar 7, 2012

Light Grey

I love Grey. Lately, as the house is constantly changing, I've been staring at the walls in our living room. These are the only walls that I HAVEN'T painted on our 1st floor. And there's a reason for that. They are vaulted all the way to the 2nd story. Not gonna happen. We'd have to get someone to help and that just isn't in the plan at the moment.

Grey is a versatile neutral with a broad tonal range from silvery white to charcoal. While grey may have immediate associations as being a cold and dreary hue, it can quickly move into the warmer tones with even the slightest touch of red or yellow. Grey is also a shade that is very sensitive to the quality of light surrounding it. In a northern facing room with little natural light, it will lean toward the cooler side of the spectrum.


I ran across this gorgeous home on Houzz today, and all the walls are absolutely amazing, and definitely the look I'd want.

I think they are bright and airy, and calming all at the same time.

I want a color that can coordinate with my changing colors and styles through the room.

Something that's light, but with the hint of grey is cool and complementary

Relaxed yet??

(Love the picture collage on the wall to the side)

This is a different home, but the staircase is similar to ours where the entry is to the right and the living room is out in front. So you can see how tall and how much wall space there is to cover.

Here are two colors I've found I like so far.... one is more cool grey and one is more warm grey.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.