A Few Must-Have's for your DIY Design Home
In honor of our 2 year anniversary we are celebrating today, I thought what better day than to share a few things that my wonderful husband has put up with over the past years ;)
Happy Anniversary to the most giving, patient, loving man. Thank you for being you and loving me!
One of the things he has been most patient in is.....all of my crazy (but fun) projects!
So today, I thought I would share a few of the things I make sure to always have on hand in case of an emergency DIY activity arises.
This evening we went to eat at a delicious steak restaurant, and got treated to an anniversary dessert!
My Bag of Tricks:
1. Spray Paint:
I cleaned out my garage today and found literally cans and cans of spray paint. All different colors.
Anything can be spray painted! Mirrors, lamps, hardware, vases. I experiment with different glosses and colors for a different look.
2. Hardware:
A quick and easy fix to any old furniture piece of out dated cabinetry....is hardware! It is relatively inexpensive and can change the whole look of a room
3. Paint and Painters Tape:
A fresh coat of paint can easily refresh a room, or whole house. It will immediately seem cleaner and more inviting!
paint pics via source
4. Solid Drapery Panels
Ikea, Target...they both have excellent inexpensive options for solid drapery panels. I love doing this in a room with a lot going on. It simplifies a room and creates a moulding for a window that doesn't have any.
5. Fresh Flowers:
I love love to have a splash of color around with fresh flowers in a vase or pitcher
6. Mirrors
Mirrors are a great wall-filler that make a room look bigger and don't have to offer any other "theme" to the space as an art piece would have to!















great resource! the painter's tape tip will come in handy,...I have never known to seal with the base coat..that will help so much! ;)
ReplyDelete