Starting a Design
A few good tips to think about when you are trying to start forming a design or color scheme for a space:
1. Don't pick the paint colors first.
Many people get out that paint deck and go to swatching! No, no... when you do that, you are limited to colors when it comes to the actual design!
Start with inspiration from a pattern in a fabric or rug; or pick out a favorite object you can start with.
These are Pottery Barn's new rugs for this season! I LOVE them. Way to branch out and come out with more bold, large scale patterns PB!
2. Once you find a pattern or object..THEN pick your colors. Many times, things are offered in different colorways!
3. Bring your character out in the details.
A lot of times, the details make the design. Bring color, textures, materials and class into the space through accessories.





I LOVE these chevron rugs. I totally get starting your design from an object. I designed my whole bedroom around two lamps. I saw a vision and went with it.. And it came out great. I saw you from Bevs blog.
ReplyDelete