House Tour: Kitchen Remodel
A few days ago I gave a sneak peek of our kitchen remodel! I finally got past the layer of dust from the construction and was able to take some pictures of the whole space!
Our cabinets are nice, custom cabinets that the house came with, so we decided to leave their original finish and use a dark walnut "Restore-A-Finish" to give them a fresh, new look. We also added under cabinet and above cabinet lights that made such a HUGE difference.
I also replaced the old, pewter, turned knobs and pulls with a cleaner, more sleek satin nickel pull and knob.
The backsplash is a 3x6 carrara marble. My backsplash installer was a saint as he dealt with me going through each piece of tile to pick out the ones I didn't want him to use. ;) Carrara marble tends to have a large variation from tile to tile and some pieces can have large black veining while others are basically white. I wanted the more white tiles, so I weeded through the darker ones.
A little splash of color ;)
We kept our original black appliances as they are good and working, even though stainless steel is gorgeous, I think this look still works for us ;)
The granite is Kashmir White. I picked this particular granite because i knew we were keeping the cream/tan stone flooring and the dark walnut cabinetry, but I wanted the walls to be a light grey paint and the backsplash to also have grey in it...so this granite has a mixture of creams AND greys while still having the white, light background color.
We had all the walls throughout the bottom floor painted "Worldly Gray" by Sherwin Williams. It is a warm grey color...i love it.
Maybe even more than the granite, I am in love with my large and deep sink! We had an old, white sink before that came with the house.. and let me tell you... it had seen it's better days. We replaced it with a black granite composite sink and switched out the faucet to a satin nickel one.
One little detail I am excited about.. we never really have a good place for the keys, wallets, junk that accumulates on the countertops...so I found this tray and decided it would make a good "house" for all of those "extra" items.
After only having to live through 3 days of remodel, I can only imagine if it had been longer! Since our kitchen was out of working order, I was cooking things in crock pots on the floor for 2 days and washing dishes in bathroom sinks. Not good... but so worth it in the end ;)
















Post a Comment
We love to hear from you!!