Oct 11, 2012

Living Room Update

After our Kitchen Remodel.... I was ready to make the rest of the downstairs more cohesive.
One little problem....we weren't going to be buying any new furniture at the current time (ughhh) Sooo... I'm stuck with the pretty big not-so-pretty brown couches ;/ But I'm trying to make the best of it!

You can see the old living room here.

I added a new rug, two bunching ottomans, new curtains and a few new throw pillows. The biggest change of all though.... we painted! The once gold/tan walls are now a pretty shade of grey (Worldly Gray by Sherwin Williams). 

Here is the before and after:

Since my walls are now gray, I had the issue of blending the big brown couches with the pretty, soft grey. I decided to combine the navy color scheme with beige and grey to bring everything together.

This art piece.. (that i made on photoshop and printed at walgreens...don't get too excited) really helps bring the navy, beige AND grey all together.



My bunching ottomans (on sale at target for $20 ea) are also beige which coordinate with my draperies and help the big brown couches semi-blend in.

I opted for a simple book stack and vase/candle arrangement for the coffee table.

Here you can see my draperies. A soft beige color with white lattice work.

I was having trouble keeping her out of the pictures ;) But she matches!


And again ;) Hello Sadie....


Other than the artwork...my throw pillows were the other big instrument in bringing all the colors together. The mix of white/navy/beige/and grey all in the pillows! Thanks to Lacey Placey for supplying my house with custom pillow again!

Favorite two pieces in the room ;) One day we will update the coffee table and accents to something a little more contemporary...but until then....


And she's done with the picture taking.




"New" Living Room!
Photobucket

6 comments

  1. Love the new look and especially the new throw pillows. And why exactly you were trying to keep this cute little face out of the pictures? She is so gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! Good job on the art..I was thinking of doing something similar with the ombre type design over our sofa in a series. I was origianlly going to paint but now I'm thinking photoshopping will be much easier :) we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also--where are the new curtains from??

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks!!! curtains are Target Online! they have much better selections online and it was free shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the room, especially all the fabrics on the pillows and curtains. I am really liking blue right now so I enjoyed looking at your room. Rug <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your room! We have gray walls and brown couches also. I'm really loving the navy rug with this. Where did you get the rug, and do you like it? I also love those ottomans- I'll have to check my Target to see if they still have them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.