House Tour - Living Room
I'm going to try to begin a new "series", as I finish MOST of the projects for each room, I want to try and photograph it (and get better at taking pictures of interiors) and share it here!
So today begins with our Living Room! As always, things are always changing ;) But here is a glimpse into our family space! And don't be fooled...it's not always this cleaned and picked up...in fact, there is a pile of papers on the console you can't see that I pushed out of the way for the pictures!
When I painted the curtains I wanted to find a contrasting color to our grey-blue rug. It brightens up the dark leather sofas and adds more soft colors to the room.
Our mantel changes a lot, many times with the seasons ;) Right now, I have a grey theme going on with the accessories.
This white vase from TJ Maxx Homegoods is one of my favorites. I love the angles and the polished look. I filled it with navy and white leaves.
These little doves (turtle doves as Jeremy calls them) are just fun little accessories for me, I thought they added a nice touch!
I chose the light grey to continue to lighten the room and then added the pop of yellow-green to give it a little flare!

Anywhere you go in our house, you'll find plenty of wedding photos. We were in love with all the photos took by Jess Barfield and love to be reminded of that special day!

I don't know about y'all, but we always have blankets, dogs toys and miscellanous items lying around... so I solved that issue by adding this navy wicker basket by our fireplace. It gets to catch all those items ;)
Our horizontal striped drapes turned out great! They were an inexpensive touch and HUGE difference!
The tutorial is here if you missed it!
Coffee Table accessories are always tricky. We eat at the coffee table a lot (much to my dismay), so I don't want to fill it up with books and trinkets. An easy fix is to place all the decorative items on a tray. This separates them from the rest of the table and allows them to be moved easily.
The newest addition to our living room.... our newly painted banister!
Like I said, lots of pictures around this place ;) My newest favorite item....the wooden log piece!
This lamp base used to be black, but since we didn't have a lot of black in the room, I painted it WHITE!
Thanks for joining!





















I'm loving the navy basket--where did you find that? Also love those white vases/lamp!
ReplyDeleteNavy basket is from Michaels ;) There is a look-a-like at Pottery Barn for a lot more $$
ReplyDeleteI'm obsessed with your striped curtains. Still cant believe you did them yourself. LOVE them! Your living room looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteLove everything! But want to ask what color are your walls? And where did you buy the paint? Thanks!
ReplyDelete