Dec 29, 2013

Jett's Nursery

Why is it always hardest to design for yourself?!

I keep asking myself this as I second guess after second guess all my decisions and purchases. If this was for a client, I would have had this done and completed MONTHS ago.

I guess since i will have to live with it, i have to love it ;)

And finally... I DO.

Where to start? Well, I found a rug that i fell in love with. That was my starting point. I knew i didnt have a specific "theme" i wanted to incorporate, just colors, textures and patterns. And this rug was the perfect start to it all.

Emerald green, charcoal gray, and white.


The focal point is the wallpapered wall behind the crib. Its a geometric gray and white pattern that i just love. And with the white crib sitting in front, i can't wait to see it.

So much to take in. I focused mainly on the furniture pieces for now. Once all those pieces come in, the fun begins... decorating and wall decor. 

Until then, i love watching as these pieces come trickling ;)

I think i may have even screamed when this lamp came in and matched the rug so perfectly.

Today the glider came in... and i absolutely love it. It is VERY soft, comfortable and cushy. I plan on recovering the pillow in an emerald green fabric... eventually ;)

Hoping curtains will be completed soon, that will help the colors to all start making sense in my head.
That's about all for now ;) 

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. cute! i totally know what you mean about designing for yourself being so hard. I'm SO indecisive in our house! We're about to make some changes in our bedroom and i keep going back and forth so many times. haha. but you're nursery is looking great!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.