Mar 30, 2012

House Tour - Master Bedroom

Our Master Bedroom; most definitely one of my favorite rooms in our home. And mostly because, after lots of time putting it all together and slowly accumulating all the special pieces...it is complete!!

Where did I start in the designing?? Take a look!
I first started with a floorplan, arranging and rearranging the furniture multiple times until I loved it, and it probably changed again after that!
Then I pulled together images of my favorite furniture pieces, patterns and colors.


Then, the technical designer came out in me, and I drew up a few elevations so I could see how everything would eventually play out! As you will see, many things did change in the end..for the better!

 
TV Wall
The cute dogs beds shown here are really 2 crates at the moment until Sam and Sadie learn to sleep in beds ;)

 
Window Wall
These drapes right now are solid white, but I am thinking that it might be unique/fun to add a navy border at the bottom to tie in the navy from the bed pillows...


And after all the planning was complete, the final product came to life!

 The dogs made several "cameo" appearances throughout the day ;)
I kept our existing older furniture pieces and refinished them with Annie Sloan Chalk paint and added new hardware!
See here for how we refinished our existing furniture
I also created an art collage around the TV to fill up a large, open wall, with interesting things! I framed black and white pictures along with fabric to give it a different look.




I added simple nickel pulls to the refinished pieces to become a little more contemporary.

I went with solid white linen drapes for a calm, and clean look at the window.

The chest of drawers is also refinished using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!




 An easy grouping idea for tops of dressers : cluster vases and flowers on top of a tray for more effect!


 Sun burst mirror from TJ Maxx Homegoods!


A splash of color in fresh flowers always makes a room feel more welcoming!
My helper! 


I opted to go for a more “open” nightstand that didn’t have any drawers or doors. I love how it has opened up the space around the bed now.
 Nightstands from West Elm

The art collage above our TV really helped fill up an enormous wall! 



Charcoal Suede Tufted Headboard is from West Elm and adds a soft texture to the bed wall. Love its minimal tufts.



I had the navy and chevron pillows made from Lacey Placey Etsy shop, and the plum pillow I made myself from a Kravet fabric.



A fun idea to add more interest to your bed, it to add a throw or folded duvet at the base of the bed for an extra color or pattern punch!
I'm completely happy with how it turned out!! And love to walk in and see it! Designing a room around your own tastes and likes is the key to having a place you'll love ;) 
Hope you enjoyed the tour!


Photobucket

19 comments

  1. it loks soo good courntney! how relaxing :) i absolutely love your bedside lamps and your draperies!...and your bedding...and your accessories...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bedroom makeover! Beautiful! Would you mind letting me know where you found that duvet cover that is folded up at the end of your bed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! All the patterns and textures work so well together! I would also like to know where you got your duvet. :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like how you mixed older pieces in with new fabrics. Great job on making over the furniture and I absolutely love the navy pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! The grey duvet I actually ran across at Jcpenny! It was on the sale rack and it ended up working perfect ;)

    Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Courtney, I love your style. I want your dark blue chevron pillows for my living room. Check out my Master Bedrrom reveal when you get a chance at watchmediy.com. Cheers, MGal

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! Would you mind posting the paint colors you used? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! Sure! The Wall paint is "Sea Haze" by Benjamin Moore" and the paint I used on the dresser is Annie Sloan Chalk Paint "Graphite" with a top coat of clear lacquer that darkened the original color a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! Love everything in the room, from the paint color, the TV gallery wall and the little cuties of course! Well Courtney I was wondering if you're interested in guest posting at my blog Stardust. I host a guest blogger every Friday, so shoot me an email if it's a yes, to schedule a date! I know my readers would love you too!
    Love, Olga

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it! Thanks for linking up, I just shared your makeover on my fb page: http://www.facebook.com/seevanessacraft

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Courtney - it looks great! Did you have any difficulty adding the nickel pulls to the dresser? Did you have to create new holes and/or cover up others.....if so, how did you cover them up?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey!! Well, I was not excited to re drill holes, putty old ones and sand over--SO I measured my current holes and ended up special ordering handles from lowes in the sizes I needed! It was very simple past that point to install them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your room looks amazing. I love the colors and all the little details. The headboard and bedding look perfect together. Thanks for linking to the Home Decor and Organizing Link Party. I featured your room today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great room!! I love the crisp white curtains, where did you get them?? Also, what program do you use for mood boards?

    Looks great, hope you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! This room turned out so cute! I am Lacey from LACEY PLACEY and I wanted to say thank you for the shout out on your blog linking back to our shop! Your room is so stylish! We want to use some of these pictures for our listing in our shop. We wanted to ask and make sure it was ok! I actually already posted them on the etsy site just now. And I figured I had better get permission first!! So could you please email me back and let me know if thats okay! I will link to your blog if you'd like! thelaceyplacey@gmail.com
    Thanks!

    Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Courtney! I love how your room turned out. I have been looking for lamps like that. May I ask where you found them?

    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  17. The lamps are from Target ;) But I've seen very similar ones at Homegood for less expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Courtney! love your master! would you mind sharing where the grey/white duvet is from?
    Thanks!
    dani

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Where did you get the bigger Navy pillows? I love this room... I want to create something similar. Thank you.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!!

Powered by Blogger.